Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Don't waste your time,or time will waste you" -- Muse

A huge problem I have encountered recently is time management. No matter how much time I put aside to simply study or do homework, I never seem to be able to get enough done, or I subconsciously end up letting myself get distracted. So, here I sit in my dorm room, like I have been for the past few days. I have canceled so many social opportunities so I can outline chapters and memorize terms for a finance exam while also attempting to write a ten page research paper.

Even though I have set aside copious amounts of time for studying for this exam and writing this challenging paper, I still do not feel prepared or as though I have really allowed myself to memorize the material. What am I doing incorrectly? What do you all do when you have so much work but so little time?

3 comments:

  1. Time management is such an important topic for a college student! If you want to succeed - you need to prioritize and stay focused! I do think that breaks are necessary, but it is helpful if they are scheduled and somehow managed, so they don't stretch on for too long.

    I wonder how your classmates will respond...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I have too much work or stress or feel powerless and empty, I take a break:
    a good song, a drink, one puch in the face to feel alive, remember some good times, watch the pictures on my wall...
    and in the end I look up to the sky and see that the sky is blue. I say "Thank you" and after I will be better as before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both gave really good suggestions.

    I tried going by a written schedule, but that just didn't work for me! I guess I am too spontaneous for schedules :).

    ReplyDelete