Wednesday, October 28, 2009

THIS IS IT!

"This is It." It's a simple phrase that was supposed to mean something along the lines of "This is What You've Been Waiting For." Unfortunately, Michael Jackson named his last tour "This is it", and ironically, "it" really was "it". He was working on "This is It", his first tour in years, when he suddenly died from mysterious causes. The world was shocked, and there was a global outpouring of grief that lasted for weeks. As many people made fun of the Prince of Pop for his plastic surgery and weird antics, it is sad that he had to die for many people to realize how much they really appreciated him as a person and an artist. Even those who were not fans of his music can not deny the impact that he had on the world, as almost all the songs we hear on the radio today somehow imitate a style that Jackson created.

On Friday, I am going to the movies with some friends to see "This is It", a film that documents Jackson rehearsing for his upcoming tour. I'm ecstatic about seeing this film, but I can't help but feel as though it will be laced with sadness due to his untimely death. Even though he was a superstar, he seemed to be down to earth and remarkably humble for someone of his status. I think he was a misunderstood individual who could have really made a difference had he lived longer.

What do you all think?

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Michael Jackson was misunderstood. The majority of people believed Michael jackson was a horrible person ever since the child molesting rumors. Is it really fair to accuse him of this when there was no proof? Also, after watching his interview with Oprah, it made me see a whole other side of him. He seemed to be so lonely and so sad. It made me feel really bad for him, and angry at our population who portrays him as this evil person. I wish people would stop focusing on the negatives and focus more on the fact that he was the greatest entertainer of all time.

    ReplyDelete