Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Retreating from Grounds
This weekend, I had the chance to go on a retreat at a campsite off Grounds. I anticipated a weekend of typical experiences one would expect at a retreat: group bonding, mediocre cafeteria food, and random excursions into the nearby woods. Instead, the weekend was full of pranking, laughter, and a general laid-back atmosphere as we all enjoyed a break from our college course work. This weekend showed me how important it is that we all step back and find some sort of escape from our course load every once in a while. Although I love UVA, I recommend that students find time to venture off Grounds, relax, and come out of the “bubble” that can be Cavalier Country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah, yes. Taking a break is sooo important. I went to Baltimore two week-ends back and though it was hard to pull it together to leave town, I was so glad to be in a different place. A retreat is good too because there is a focus and purpose. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI felt the smae thing when I went home to see my friends. Honeslty when I walked through the stadium I felt like an older person and weird
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree. After fall break, it was difficult coming back to school. Although I love it here, home is still home. Hopefully by the time I graduate four years from now, UVa will feel like more like home.
ReplyDelete